Can Home Care Help Your Senior Manage Their Cancer and Survivorship Journey Better?
Being a cancer survivor is something that will always define your parent’s life. Once they have gotten through cancer, it will always be with them and can characterize virtually all of the health and lifestyle choices that they make moving forward. A survivorship plan is a plan designed in conjunction with your parent’s medical team to help guide their life moving forward. As a family caregiver, you can make a tremendous impact on your parent’s survivorship journey, but you do not have to be the only one who does this. Starting home care for your senior can help them to handle the challenges of survivorship and support moving forward in a healthy and fulfilling way.
Some of the ways that home care can help your senior parent manage their cancer survivorship journey better include:
• Supporting compliance. Remaining compliant is all about ensuring that your senior takes medications, follows through with treatments, and adheres to guidelines given to them by their doctor. A home care provider can give your parent meaningful reminders to help them remain compliant and get the most from these instructions
• Encouraging good choices. Healthy lifestyle choices is a valuable service that can help your parent rebuild their health as well as support and maintain their health moving forward. This can include helping them to eat a high-quality, balanced diet, staying physically active, and maintaining social engagement as much as possible
• Providing transportation. Getting to and from doctor’s appointments is a critical part of survivorship. A care provider can provide safe and reliable transportation to ensure that your parent gets to their appointments on the schedule that the doctor presents to them
How can home care help?
Starting home care for your aging parent can be an exceptional way for you to support a higher quality of life as they age in place. An in-home senior care services provider can be with your parent on a customized schedule designed specifically to address your elderly parent’s individual needs, challenges, and limitations.
These highly personalized services help your parent stay healthy, safe, comfortable, and happy while also encouraging as much independence as possible. Services ranging from safe and reliable transportation, meal preparation and eating assistance, help with personal care needs such as bathing, toileting, and dressing, companionship, and help with caring for their home can encourage your parent to maintain a more fulfilling lifestyle and support greater motivation and mental, emotional, and physical health and well-being as they age in place. As their family caregiver, this can give you confidence that they are getting what they need both when you are able to fulfill their needs and when you are not.
If you or an aging senior in your life are considering home health care in Seal Beach, CA, please contact the caring staff at In Home Care Solutions today. Call (949) 250-0125 to speak with our caring staff.
Dr. Kay got her medical education in Brazil.
Dr. Kay also has a master degree in Film and Television from UCLA and has been an adviser for medical television shows.
Dr. Kay is very active in the Health Industry. She is a member of the American Board of Home Care, the National Association of Home Care, CAHSAH, California Association of Health Services at Home. She co-chairs the education committee for the Down with Falls Coalition. Dr. Kay is in the speaker’s bureau for the coalition helping educate health care professionals and the community on fall risks, diabetes, adverse drug reaction, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, dehydration and nutrition, etc…. for older adults.
Dr. Kay was nominated by the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) as the Remarkable Woman of 2008.
Dr. Kay is actively involved in many philanthropy and non-profit organizationssuch as the American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, the Philharmonic Society, Women Helping Women, Youth Employment Services, E-Women, Women Sage, Plasticos Foundation, CIELO and others.
Dr. Kay’s passion is to assist seniors to live long and thrive in the comfort of their own home.
Latest posts by Dr. Gina Kay, Founder and CEO (see all)
- What Types of Safety Concerns Do You Most Need to Worry about for Your Aging Adult? - October 19, 2017
- Hoarding and Alzheimer’s – Three Steps for Stopping the Problem Before It Impacts Well Being - October 13, 2017
- Help your aging loved ones #FlightFlu: Adults 65 & Older Need a Flu Shot! - October 10, 2017